Yeah, that was me for over 40 years, closer to 50 actually. I have tried almost everything on the market to stop 🚬 and just could never stop. I had almost stopped when my hubby was discharged from the hospital after his cancer surgery in 2007. I would go outside to smoke so I wouldn’t be around him doing it. Then I smelled it on him…Mmmhmm, you know what happened. I didn’t really enjoy it anymore, and the smell is awful.
Nov. 14, 2014 I had a small heart attack, I was still smoking. A friend talked me into trying vaping (this person actually bought a vape mod for me) to quit smoking. I have been vaping for about 2 1/2 years now, I feel a lot better, I can breath a lot better also. I do still occasionally have a cigarette. 😢
So, now the FDA is throwing a hissy fit and is classifying vaping as smoking. Smokers were ostracized, everyone yelling to stop smoking, once we do, the FDA is trying to ostracize us again. We don’t have 2nd hand smoke to worry about, and we small a whole lot better doing it.
Quit smoking, I get that, there are over 4,000 different carcinogens in cigarettes. Vape juice is made of 4-6 items. All of which the FDA has approved for medical use in inhalers, breathing treatments, capsules and flavoring our foods and medicines. But now they are saying they are unknown. And I’ll tell you the exact reason the FDA is so against it and throwing really harsh regulations on it. (I tried to find anything anywhere online that says “nicotine is a carcinogen” and couldn’t find it. You will find hemming and hawing, but no “nicotine is a carcinogen”)
Years ago states filed law suits against the tobacco companies, and the states won, they get so much of the tobacco companies profits. See where this is going? So, these states (California mostly) are loosing big time money every year because smoking has went down as e-cigarettes (hate that term) use rises. And us smokers are out here like “You wanted me to quit smoking, I did, now you want to take that away from me?” lol, nu uh.
I don’t want this to become a bash the FDA post. I want it to be somewhat educational. So, let me start that. Before I go on, I want to say, I do not condone vaping by under age kids either with or without nicotine.
E-juice is normally composed of up to 4-6 ingredients:
- PG (Propylene glycol) – this is used as a base or carrier for the nicotine and flavors. PG is widely used as a food additive and can be found in many things that we regularly eat. PG can also be found as an additive in some medicines.
- VG (Vegetable Glycerin) – also used as a base or carrier for the nicotine and flavors in e-liquid. VG is a plant based substance and is sometimes made from coconut or palm oil. VG is also widely used as a food additive.
- Flavor (Hundreds kind of food flavors) – food flavorings are added to create a specific taste
- Nicotine (You can choose 0 nicotine) – most brands offer anywhere from 0mg of nicotine to 24mg of nicotine in their e-liquid
- Water – no explanation needed (some use it to thin it out. It isn’t added a lot)
- Vodka – Again to thin it down some but not used much at all
The PG (Propylene glycol) and VG (Vegetable Glycerin) are the two primary base ingredients of eliquid. They are all FDA approved and are equally safe.
- The PG is a clear, colorless liquid which usually been used as a flavoring carrier in food products, The main applications of Propylene Glycol are cosmetics products, food production, medicines, inhalers, medical oxygen tanks, preservatives, and e-juice.
- The VG is a natural organic liquid made from vegetable oil, it’s sweet and thick, more viscous than PG. The main applications of Vegetable Glycerin are cosmetics products, food production, sweeteners, medicines, soap, and e-juice.
Guess whats in Children’s Tylenol..
Propylene glycol better known as PG in the vape world.
Vaping has went from a stop smoking alternative to a 2 part hobby for most, lol maybe 3 – 4 part hobby. They quit smoking, but enjoy the taste and trying to see who can blow the biggest cloud. Most cloud chasers are 0 nicotine vaper’s for the flavor. Hard-core vaper’s spend big money on the mods and mech’s (e-cigarette), they have more then 1 or 2 of them and they can run upwards of $200.00.
And the last part of the hobby is mixing their own e-juice, which I do. I started at 24mg e-juice, I have dropped it to 18mg and I don’t really use it that much. I was chain vaping when I first started and now I can go several hours without it.
I guess I should stop this post here, it’s longer then I was going to make it. So, til next time, keep your head up!